Green, Fairer, Stronger
Each year we collate an Impact Report which demonstrates how Groundwork South and North Tyneside have supported individuals and communities to become greener, fairer and stronger.
Impact Report 2022/23
Read our latest Impact Report 2022/23 to find out what we have achieved with our projects and partnerships over the past 12 months.
Our case studies and participant stories will demonstrate the true value of our work.
We rapidly increased our workforce to meet with demand.Andrew Watts – CEO Groundwork South and North Tyneside
Message to Partners
Thank you to our funders and partners for all their support in helping us deliver positive change for people and places in South and North Tyneside. We look forward to working with you during 2024.
Our Year in Numbers
Children love learning in the woodland realm at West Boldon LodgePrimary School Teacher
We are passionate about a future where:
- Every neighbourhood is vibrant and green.
- Every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny.
- No-one is held back by their background or circumstances.
The Impact we Seek for Communities, People and Places
1. Empowering Fair and Sustainable Communities
Reducing Inequalities by Supporting and Enabling Individuals and Communities
– Community Development –
– Resilience Circular Economy –
– Health & Wellbeing –
2. Creating Better Places
Developing Accessible High Quality Built and Green Spaces that Provide Natural Capital and Improve Wellbeing
– Land Improvements –
– Maintenance Urban Regeneration –
– Nature Based Solutions –
3. Raising Aspirations by Creating Better Prospects
Supporting Individuals and Families to be Resilient, Confident, Ambitious and Independent
– SEN Post 16 College –
– Employment & Skills –
– Supporting Children, Young People and Families –
4. Enriching Lives through Environment, Culture and Heritage
Inspiring Engagement and Discovery Informed by Our Past, Present and Future
– Cultural Services –
– Learning and Enrichment Programmes –
– Outdoor Learning and Connecting to Nature –
Our Commitment and Values
- We will invest in the places and people that need us most
- We will work with local leaders and listen to local voices
- We will grow a culture of equity and inclusion
- We will be committed to collaboration
- We will act as environmental exemplars
Our Goals for 2023-24
Below are some of the targets we have set ourselves to meet over the next 12 months – and we are well on our way to achieving these.
Young people supported to learn, achieve & thrive.
People supported to improve their wellbeing by connecting them with their community, culture and nature.
hectares of land maintained or actively managed.
Tonnes of waste channelled into a circular economy
Days of volunteering supporting community and environment
Households assisted to reduce their energy consumption, helping to tackle fuel poverty
If you want to talk to us about our strategy and help us reach our goals, please get in touch using the contact form.